Here is another approach to getting an abstract background on an ATC (Artist Trading Card) This is one of my favorite ways to start an acrylic background when I’m planning to layer a lot.
If you are in the San Francisco Bay area, this is actually tonight’s workshop called “Truth Cards” and space is still available. Click Here. Or next Tuesday evening (Jan 2) here
If you want to purchase a kit of the blank cards click here.
If you are interested in a 60 page art journal with pages started like this click here.
Today’s tutorial is one of my very favorite things to do. Abstract watercolor is essentially doodling with watercolor and a brush.
I show you 4 different types of watercolors and demonstrate how to use each of them.
A kit is all set up for you in my ETSY shop as well. Here is a watercolor starter kit and here is a kit containing the cards with a handy little box to contain them.
- Solder around a glass slide to make a pendant or ornament
- Collage using nothing but beeswax as the adhesive
- Turn an old book into a piece of art
- Add a little paint and texture to papers and bind them into an artist journal
- Mix Paper, fabric, beads on canvas to make a mixed media collage
- cover pre-made containers, frames, mirrors and more with pretty papers, ink, embossing powders, glitter and more to make them spectacular
- Make your own book cover out of metal
- Trade Artist Cards with others…gathering a collection of art to display and/or inspire
- Make 99% pure silver jewelry
- Fold one sheet of paper into a miniature booklet
- Cut materials like metal, acrylic, cardboard, fabric, tissue, paper and more in over 200 shapes, book pages, alphabets etc…
- Upcycle something ordinary into something extraordinary
- Make jewelry and decorate anything solid (and heat resistant) with polymer clay
- Cover gigantic paper mache letters with patterned papers and paint to spell out anything you want to say
These are JUST A FEW of the things you can do here in our studio. We provide ALL the tools you need and have the materials too! Come and be inspired to be creative.